Sighthound coat with harness hole and chest protection
We are asked all the time 'What is your warmest coat for Whippets?' 'Do you have a coat that works with your Greyhound harness?' 'Do you have a coat with chest protection for my sighthound?' . So we have added the Tempest coat to our range! Its super warm, waterproof, has a harness hole that works great with our harness, it has a padded chest piece to keep your dogs chest warm and dry. Perfect luxurious winter coat for your whippet, greyhound or lurcher. (Please view the video at the bottom of this description to see our Whippet Joey wearing this coat on a wet, windy day at the beach.)
- The coats exterior is made from a vibrant-blue coloured water resistant fabric , to keep your dog dry even on very wet walks.
- The coat interior is made from a lovely warm soft grey fleece.
- The coats padded, fleece lined chest piece keeps your dogs delicate chest area warm and dry on the coldest of walks. Please note the chest piece does not cover little boy parts and allows them to urinate freely , however the odd sprinkle may land on the coat.
- The coat has a handy covered hole at the back of the coat to allow the D-ring of our harness to come through to easily attach to the lead. Find our sighthound escape proof harness here
- The coat has leg straps at the back, which easily wrap around the dogs back legs to prevent the coat from blowing up when out on walks, these straps are optional and not using them will not effect the use of the coat.
- The adjustable strap around the middle allows you to fit the coat so it is snug and comfortable.
- The coats neck covering has two toggles to adjust the tightness of the coat on two areas of the neck to keep your dogs neck warm and dry even on windy wet walks .
- The coat has reflective piping and reflective detail on the strap making dark walks safer, as your dog is more visible.
- The harness hole on this whippet / greyhound coat is covered to help prevent rain coming through where your lead attaches. The matching lead is available here. The matching escape-proof harness is available here.
How to measure my whippet/greyhound for a Tempest Coat
To measure your greyhound or whippet for this coat, please measure from the base of the neck down the spine to the base of the tail. We have some hints for measuring here. Order according to the back measurement but please check the size chart below to make sure the chest girth of your dog is within the range.
|Size of Coat||Back Length||Chest Girth|
Special thanks to: Margot the 10month old blue whippet for the pictures!